[Phys-l] coherent state movies (was: quantum misconception #0003)

Hi Folks --

I cobbled up some movies showing the behavior of quantum mechanical
coherent states, aka Glauber states.  I also wrote up a few words of
explanation.
  http://www.av8n.com/physics/glauber-states.htm

Among other things, this shows how the correspondence principle applies,
namely the correspondence between quantum oscillators and classical
oscillators.

It also makes the point that /not/ everything is quantized, /not/ all
waves are quantized, /not/ all states are discrete, et cetera.  We
need to do more to dispel misconceptions about this ... or, better,
*prevent* misconceptions.

There's even a movie of a squeezed state.