Re: [Phys-l] Climate skeptic convinced by data. Was: Re: Mike Mann _The hockey

"Can you give a single example of a universally used product that came
about without profit or enhanced productivity at the root of its creation?"
- How about the Internet?

My background is in high tech, so I know a thing or two about engineered
obsolescence. The profit motive is so strong that people simply try to rush
things out the door and "fix" the problems in the next upgrade.

The way I see it there are three paths we have to choose from: Military
competition, Economic competition, or
Peaceful coexistence - which would necessarily require a sharing of
resources, economic and military.

This requires an insurmountable paradigm shift. The odds are against us I'm
afraid.

Shahram