Re: [Phys-l] Climate skeptic convinced by data. Was: Re: Mike Mann _The hockey

The only reasonable uncertainty in climate science is in predicting the
consequences of the very large increase we are certain has occurred in green
house gasses. That we have warming and that's it's related , , at least to
a large part , to Human activity is not much in doubt. It's my
understanding that the climate models are proving to have been too optimistic, due to
previously unidentified positive feed back mechanism. Glacier retreat and
global temperature rise are higher then the models predicted. However, we
need longer term observation to rule out temporary fluctuations. Even more
troubling is the potential for large scale methane release from warming
Arctic permafrost which wasn't considered, as far as I know, in the original
UN sponsored climate study. It's just crazy to not move in a careful
prudent way to non or lower green house emission energy sources , if we are
wrong about the effects we still get the good effects of more secure and
cleaner energy technology , if we are right and do nothing, that is we continue
to accelerate the use of fossil fuels, it may well lead to a Human disaster.

Bob Zannelli

In a message dated 2/19/2012 10:26:18 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,