[Phys-l] Particle Physics for Word Buffs

I'm sure most of us on this list have hobbies outside of physics. Personally, I'm a seriously dedicated word buff with an addiction to all things word games (especially Scrabble). And it might surprise you to hear that sometimes, just occasionally, my two passions overlap...

I run a website called Word Buff which deals in word lists and word game strategies. Just occasionally I try to trick my visitors into learning some physics. As part of my vocabulary building motif, from time to time I'll choose a physics theme and write an article that is rich in physics vocabulary (preferably full of exotic, Scrabbly words). It's not deep text-book physics (my readers have no physics training at all, generally), but by focusing on the vocabulary element they do learn some real physics accidentally sometimes ;-)

Anyway, just for fun, I thought a few of you might be interested in my latest article which I titled "Particle Physics for Word Buffs". Here's the link...

http://www.word-buff.com/vocabulary-word-list-particles.html

I don't submit it as a deep teaching resource of course, but if you need a turbo-charged particle physics glossary sometime, and you can cope with the frequent allusions to Scrabble, feel free to use it.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Derek

P.S. Although my audience will not have the endurance for nuances upon nuances upon nuances (unless they are packed with cool Scrabble words) I would still be interested in having outright errors pointed out. I'll fix them ASAP.