Re: [Phys-l] Is something wrong here?????

On 2012, Feb 14, , at 10:55, Spagna Jr., George wrote:

I think Oren is puzzled by something being "southeast of the south pole" - as am I, since the "only" direction from there is north. What's the convention?

"The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it."
- the Rev. Billy Graham, 1981

?????? If one is on the point pole and moves in the direction of S. America that is certainly W. of moving towards Eurasia. S. America is W. of the prime meridian, and Eurasia is E. No? Furthermore, once one is a micron** from a pole one may move directly E & W. and S. and N. No?

** More accurately a Planck length?

bc