From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Quist, Oren
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:34 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: [Phys-l] Is something wrong here?????

I expected someone to comment on this, but no one has. So, perhaps I don't understand.

It was announced a few days ago (in our local newspaper) that the Russians had drilled down and discovered a freshwater lake deep below the ice surface. The location is approximately 80 miles (or was it km ??) southeast of the South Pole.

Am I missing something here??

Oren Quist