Re: [Phys-l] Superluminal Neutrino Excess Velocity

On 2012, Feb 08, , at 09:44, brian whatcott wrote:

David,

It goes like this: the superluminal finding resisted numerous attempts
to find some systemic error, so it called into question the constancy
of c.
For my part, I find a hundred year track record of numerous and varied
experimental determinations more plausible than a few years of
countervailing results in just two experimental configurations.

So I suppose that the unfound systemic error will persist to longer
baseline experiments,
thereby diluting the excess velocity over the longer distance.

Evidently

Brian Whatcott

I think Randall Munroe. (XKCD) would appreciate this, but

bc didn't find a contact address.