Re: [Phys-l] scope of the course

Proofs? Do algebra based courses require proofs? Fifth grade courses certainly don't.

Any course in science that uses percentages should include exponential growth/decay and should include the rough approximation that relates growth rate (% / time) and half-life.

I've heard bankers call this the 'Rule of 72' since 72 has many factors that used to be equal to 'reasonable' % interest rates.

This 'rule' is only good for small percentages but has enough usefulness to be taught and used much more than it is currently.
.