Re: [Phys-l] Research/suggestions on dividing soph (hs) physical science course into basic/advanced sections?

I'd like to hear more about your final paragraph from your 2 am post...

Thanks,

Sam
As a separate matter, there will always be a few kids who are
exceptionally over-prepared. You need a plan for dealing with
these kids. They won't be numerous enough to justify a separate
section of the course. I suggest letting them do a series of
independent-study projects in the far corner of the room, where
they can do stuff without disturbing the main group of students
too much. (It is amusing to make lists of such projects, but
that should probably be discussed in a separate thread.) The
point is that these kids can more-or-less fend for themselves,
if given the right motivation and sufficient opportunity, and
this can be done with relatively little expenditure of the
critical scarce resource i.e. teacher time.