Re: [Phys-l] Decorated Symbols (e.g. x-bar, q-dot, v-vector) in HTML

On 01/09/2012 10:49 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
I've used LaTeX and processed with tex4ht saving all maths as png
images. Looks quite good!

That's always an option ... but it comes at a cost, namely
reduced flexibility.

If you're going to render the equations as images, why not
go all the way and publish the entire page as an image???
I do that sometimes; many of my documents are available in
both HTML and PDF.

The advantage of HTML is that it allows the browser some
flexibility as to how to render the page. Nowadays there
are getting to be more and more types of devices, with
small screens, large screens, and who-knows-what ... so
flexibility is perhaps more important than ever.