Re: [Phys-L] Recommendation

Rick Tarara on 12/10/12 at 10:22 am wrote:

"For those of you, like me, who either didn't take (or didn't pay attention)
to anything like Philosophy of Science during College and have a 'spare' 18
hours (like in commuting back and forth to campus), I'd like to recommend
the following:

From The Great Courses by The Teaching Company

http://www.thegreatcourses.com/

Course #4100: Philosophy of Science, Professor Jeffrey L. Kasser, North
Carolina State University

Current Price is about $50 for digital, CD, or DVD format.

You can read the course description at

http://www.thegreatcourses.com/tgc/courses/course_detail.aspx?cid=4100";

Thanks. I've taken several of the music courses offered by this company and
found them to be excellent. I have been tempted by their science offerings,
and this seems like a good one to get started on.

Don

Dr. Donald G. Polvani
Adjunct Faculty, Physics
Anne Arundel Community College