[Phys-L] Stokes and quadratic dissipation. Was: Re: Dirigible Flight Question

Paul! I toot my horn:

This is a subject I've been researching intermittently (both library and experimentally) for about a year.

Some results are here:

http://www.cleyet.org/Pendula,%20Horological%20and%20Otherwise/HSN/HSN%20published%20articles/PDFs/Q%20of%20a%20%22grand%20mother%22%20clock's%20pendulum.pdf

More will be found by moving up and then down the tree (on different branches).

bc started with Eisberg and Lerner's intro text (Similar to Feynman et alii.)

p.s. I just received the result of a measurement of the decay of the pendulum spring suspension as a mass loaded end cantilever beam oscillator. More later.