Re: [Phys-L] Dirigible Flight Question

for a object at rest in some frame, a newly imparted velocity, any velocity, represents an infinite acceleration. You presumably wish to sweep this moment under the carpet. You are left with some acceleration which goes to zero at the moment drag equals unbalanced force. You presumably wish to sweep this limiting velocity under the carpet too.

Brian W