[Phys-L] aftershock stats, referring to the very recent New Idria quake follows: stat. noise (physlrnr)

Ann replied to my post on the question of aftershock stats. with

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/office/kfelzer/SeisLabTalk.pdf

which is a much better format than my posted HTML version (includes the complete maths formulae and plots)

bc notes one may reverse engineer after shocks to the "foreshock".

p.s. I've cross posted as I think at least one PHYS-Ler will find the pdf interesting.

p.p.s. thinks here's an example(s) of a much observed equation "law"(s) that cries out for an hypothesis or theory.