Re: [Phys-L] teaching data analysis in high school

Note that I changed the Subject: line because I strongly recommend
the terms "uncertainty" and "data analysis" rather than "error
analysis". There are some students (and others) who cling to the
idea that errors are Wrong (with a capital W) in the same way that
stealing is Wrong.

Taylor unhelpfully puts a memorable picture of a crashed train on
the cover of his book. This is /not/ the sort of "error" that we
expect in typical physics experiments.