Re: [Phys-l] Student Misconceptions

I would also suggest looking at "Five Easy Lessons: Strategies for Successful Physics Teaching" by Randall Knight. It does have a summary of students' ideas about each topic, including most everything in a typical introductory course.

(I also agree with J.M.C. that targeting misconceptions is not the only strategy to use.)

Jacob

Jacob Clark Blickenstaff, Ph.D.
Teacher Education Programs Manager
American Physical Society