From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf
Of Bernard Cleyet
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 10:51 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: [Phys-l] Physics joke. Was: Fwd: [tap-l] A neighbor
needs help

In cleaning up I found this oldie.

Apparently not forwarded --For the non physicists: If you
don't understand it, view the page linked below.

bc

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Krishna Chowdary" <chowdark@gmail.com>
Date: 2008, January 29, 13:01:42 PST
To: tap-l@lists.ncsu.edu
Subject: Re: [tap-l] A neighbor needs help

On Jan 29, 2008 10:36 AM, Wolfgang Rueckner
<rueckner@fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

I just calls 'em as I sees 'em

In one of those strange twists of coincidence, this reminds
of joke I
read recently.

WARNING #1: PHILOSOPHY CONTENT. OR PHYSICS CONTENT. DEPENDS.
WARNING #2: WARNING #1 PREPARES YOU FOR RELATIVE HUMOR LEVEL.

Three umpires are asked how they judge pitches.

One says, "I calls 'em as I sees 'em."

The second says, "I calls 'em as they is."

The third says, "they ain't until I calls 'em."

-Krishna

John Wheeler and the Umpires

http://www.centauri-dreams.org/?p=1824