Re: [Phys-l] Neutrinos going faster than speed of light?

Of course I was referring to the Astronomy results that show that the
Neutrino travels at the speed of light.

John M. Clement
Houston, Tx

There were no light rays involved in the experiment. The
experimenters calculated the equivalent light arrival time using the
defined value of the speed of light (in vacuo). The experimentally
measured quantities (which could, of course, be subject to error) were
(1) the distance from the target at CERN to the Gran Sasso
detector, and
(2) The time between the clicker pulse (putting the proton
beam on target)
and the event in the deetector signifying a neutrino hit.
Regards,
Jack