From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-
bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Savinainen Antti
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 5:03 AM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: [Phys-l] Neutrinos going faster than speed of light?

Hi all,

here is interesting news on experimental result regarding speed of
neutrinos:

<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15017484>

<http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2011/09/neutrinos-travel-faster-
than-lig.html>

It remains to be seen whether or not there is real need for extending
relativity theory to account for the observation described above. My
hunch is that this will not be the case...but it is nevertheless
intriguing to see what comes out of this.

Regards,

Antti

Antti Savinainen, Ph.D., B.Ed.
Adjunct Professor (University of Jyväskylä)
Senior Lecturer in Physics and Mathematics
Kuopion Lyseo High School
Finland
E-mail: <antti.savinainen@kuopio.fi>
Website: <http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/savant/>

**
Viesti on tarkastettu roskapostinsuodatus- ja
virustorjuntaohjelmistolla.
**