Re: [Phys-l] an all-too-predictable blackout

Remember when Sprint used to advertise that you could hear a pin drop??

.
At 4:58 PM -0500 9/9/11, Bill Nettles wrote:
Joel,
I wonder if the sampling rate used to squeeze the phone calls into the available bandwidth is hampering the fidelity. I don't know what that is, but maybe our resident Bell Labs guy can help with some technical info. Better fidelity would require better sampling which would reduce the # of simultaneous calls on a channel. That means more infrastructure/cost per call.

If you want to pay for a Yugo, you get a Yugo. If you want to ride in a Mercedes, you pay for a Mercedes. Who has the hifi cell network?