Re: [Phys-l] an all-too-predictable blackout

Cable and phone service keep becoming a better value for the money
because they can now compete against each other directly in areas like
internet access and communications. The push to lay down fiber optic
cables to increase bandwidth (and compete better) has resulted in much
more reliable system that is faster and (at least in my area) cheaper
when inflation is factored in. I would expect that allowing access to
more than one energy provider would result in a similar attention to
infrastructure improvement.

One small comment; the phones themselves are of lower quality IMO, compared to the days when you rented your rotary phone from Ma Bell. I.e. I don't see the sound quality has having improved and the old black Ma Bell phones were built like tanks that never broke.

Just engaging in a bit of nostalgia.

Joel Rauber