Re: [Phys-l] decibels

On 2011, Aug 29, , at 10:28, chuck britton wrote:

My preference is for rms power for vacuum cleaners as well as audio amps.
Being able to handle spikes is fine too - but another question
entirely - or so it seems to me.

Perhaps I missread -- my memory is average coninnuouse power and peak power iin amplifiers -- so peak is greater than the labeled wats.

W/ suction cleaners I found the claim misleading. Perhaps they refer to the power necesary to open the over load /thermal switch. I suspect locking the motor will result i 12A.

I would expect a vacuum cleaner that has more hp output than the
watts inputted to get COLD. ;-)
.

"COLD"???

bc