Re: [Phys-l] Bye

Welcome Jeff,

you may notice that the average age on this (and quite a few other) lists - is quite high.
So I expect to see the occasional -emeritus/a- tagged on.

About the recent spate of unaccustomed impatient posts - it is certainly a fact of life
that the most taciturn and benign of teachers can become surly if only temperatures
go high enough. Office workers in particular whose air goes out in tropical climates
expect this and hope to make allowances.

There is another factor too: people with scientific credentials may well associate
unusual events with random extrema of normal distributions, so it would be exceptionally unwise
of global warming advocates to point to current weather extremes as having undue significance,
and in general, they do not, rabid liberal, radical conservatives or whatever.

/Freudian interlude begins/
But our homunculi who speak silently from our unconscious are certainly willing to
prick our complacency about the trend of weather events because physical discomfort
is apparent to the subconscious too. That's a conceptual conflict, I imagine! :-)
/end of Freudian interlude/

Brian Whatcott