Re: [Phys-l] frizzi

I'm not sure of what you find inconsistent, so let's analyze your hypothetical: In an Illinois case the 7th circuit strikes down an Illinois law maing smoking of beet roots illegal. Can Wisconsin (which is in the 7th circuit) pass a law similar to the one struck down in Illinois? Yes, of course it can, and the Wisconsin Supreme Court could uphold the law if it were challenged in state court. But, as a practical matter, the challenge to the law would be made in a Wisconsin federal district court, which would be obliged to follow 7th circuit law.
Regards,
Jack