From: Union of Concerned Scientists <action@ucsusa.org>
Date: 2011, August 11, 07:00:45 PDT
To: bernardcleyet@redshift.com
Subject: Help protect scientists from political interference

Submit Your Comment Today
Help protect scientists by commenting on the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's proposed scientific integrity policy.

Help Protect Scientists from Political Interference

Dear Bernard,

How can you protect science and government scientists from political interference? By filing a public comment today asking the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to strengthen its draft scientific integrity policy.

In the past, NOAA scientists were censored and told to change their research on issues from global warming to endangered species. While the draft policy would address some of these problems, it needs to be further strengthened to better protect those who report the abuse of science, give the public more information about who is meeting with NOAA officials, and allow us to hold agency officials accountable if they transgress.

It is critical that NOAA scientists can continue to provide national weather forecasting, manage coastal and deep ocean resources, and research global climate patterns without interference.

Help NOAA improve its scientific integrity policy by submitting a comment today—the deadline is August 20.

Sincerely,

Michael Halpern
National Field Organizer
UCS Scientific Integrity Program

I deleted the donate money "frame".
The Union of Concerned Scientists is the leading science-based nonprofit working for a healthy environment and a safer world.
To stop receiving emails from UCS about scientific integrity, click here to update your interests

About UCS | Take Action | Donate | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe | Update Your Profile
© Union of Concerned Scientists. All rights reserved.

nonprofit software