Re: [Phys-l] mushrooms ... and other terminology issues

Very true. In related news, Florida recently outlawed "sex with animals" (http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=10369), but forgot their basic taxonomy of humans. . ..

I'm a bit disturbed by your use of the word "subsequently", though that's likely a conversation to be having off-list. Perhaps this one is, too.

________________________________
From: "carmelo@pacific.net.sg" <carmelo@pacific.net.sg>
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] mushrooms ... and other terminology issues

It can be worthwhile quibbling about definitions.
Some doctors adopted the "alternative definition", and continued with
abortion.
Their clinics were destroyed subsequently.

We have to be very careful with definitions. :-)

Quoting curtis osterhoudt <flutzpah@yahoo.com>:

I don't understand. Are spores fungi? Are pollen grains actually
plants? Are you quibbling about definitions?

"The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom and the
unknown. Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon
it. To bow before the one is to lose sight of the three. I may
submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable." ~~Roger
Zelazny, in "Lord of Light"