Re: [Phys-l] Global warming violates FLT AND Le Chatelier

The whole exchange was unfortunate. Joe Bastardi seemed to be talking off the top of his head,
remembering only parts of arguments, mispeaking several times, and not really explaining anything. I
do not think he was lying, so much as simply being wrong on a number of points.

To understand anything about the issue of global warming/climate change requires a extensive study
of the scientific literature. These kind of sound bites are harmful to science and to the public
understanding of the real issues of the debates in climate science.

I do not think that as educators that we serve students by simply regurgitating the summary statement
from the IPCC either. Rather, we should pick one or two issues that are being discussed amongst
climate scientists, explain the arguments, examine physical data, and try to sort out which side is most
likely correct. Here, I am not talking about so-called "deniers" versus "believers." I am talking about
scientists doing science.