Re: [Phys-l] Bonds, energy; formerly: More Stupidity in state exams

On 2011, Aug 10, , at 05:27, R. McDermott wrote:

For example, food as fuel (or anything as fuel) is easier to deal with if
one refers to fuel as "containing energy" that simply needs to be
"released". Ultimately, of course, a good "fuel" is one that has weak
internal bonding, but whose constituents will form strong(er) bonds with the
oxygen in the air. So where is the energy actually "stored"; or is that
whole "storage" idea a poor one?

The energy was created when H was created ~17 B years ago. H => He; then that E => thru various transmutation created C and O Which apart** have stored E, whose bonding release the E created 17 B ago. and power my fingers just now.

** Like separated masses -- again from 17 B ago.

bc wonders if we'll ever know what happened 17 B. + ago