Re: [Phys-l] Gotta love these HeadLine Writers!

On 2011, Jul 26, , at 09:58, Herbert Schulz wrote:

Finally, are you sure that you don't get much evaporation from the surface of the skin when it's dry?

Well, ... on my excursion into the depths of the Rift Valley to visit the Masai, my arms were soon coated w/ a white power -- I never sweated; it evaporated before there was any visible water -- and yes I tasted the powder -- salt obviously.

bc

p.s. the sociologist who organized the group (Sociology Club, U. of Nairobi) spoke the language(s) and supplied us w/ salt tablets and much water.

http://www.maasai-association.org/maasai.html