Re: [Phys-l] Lecture Isn't Effective: More Evidence #2

Lectures which I attended were mostly very effective. This was in Warsaw Polytechnic, in 1950s. We had no textbooks and taking good notes was essential. Taking notes was not a mechanical process; it was thinking in synchronism with the lecturer. Thinking was essential because one had to decide what is worth writing; recording everything was usually impossible.
Ludwik