[Phys-l] software update

Just a quick follow-up on my notice yesterday.

Recent messages have carried an incorrect URL to my software web page (we
had our academic server completely die this Spring). Got caught by the UNIX
dependency on case! Anyway, to repeat:

should be the correct address,

Besides the laboratory simulations mentioned in the last two days, there are
a whole series of short animated sequences for class use and a series of
Energy Management simulators well suited for energy-related courses. All of
this software has been undergoing an update (all '2011' designated files are
the most recent) to provide multi-resolution output covering 800x600,
1024x768, 1280x960, and 1600x1200 pixel screen sizes. 'Multi' versions of
all software contain all graphics and will automatically run the largest
window available on your machine. Individual resolution packages are being
provided to reduce the size of the download and disk storage space. Other
minor improvements have been made to all the updated software. As always,
these are free for academic use and should run on any Windows based
computer. Unfortunately, my development software has not been updated past
system 9 on Macs and with Apple 'breaking' system 9 software, I am no longer
developing for Macs. I will retain the system 9 versions of the software in
available archived form and I believe most, if not all, the Windows software
should run under Windows emulation software on newer Macs.

90% of the library is updated and the rest should be done in another couple
weeks.

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics