Re: [Phys-l] entropy of the deal ... including Gibbs-type mixing of snow

On 06/28/2011 12:37 PM, Bernard Cleyet wrote:

On 2011, Jun 28, , at 11:44, John Denker wrote:

plus an additive term that is extensive,
independent of temperature, pressure, volume, et cetera, and possibly very large.

Good catch. That's rather sloppy writing. Sorry.
I revised the language on the web site a few minutes ago.

You mean intensive, or dependent?

I mean the entropy of the deal is extensive insofar as it is
proportional to N. At constant N, it is independent of temperature,
pressure, and volume.

In any case, the equation is clear and easy to interpret:
http://www.av8n.com/physics/thermo/z-particles.html#eq-s-mixture-deal