Re: [Phys-l] LED phosphorescence

On 2011, Jun 25, , at 02:51, Spinozalens@aol.com wrote:

I am curious, when you cut power to the LED array, does the array
continue to glow at all? If so, what color?

My experience is there is phosphorescence. I think (anyone can easily verify) the colour doesn't change much.

bc must get out his project star spectroscope/meter.

It won't be a long-acting phosphor like they use in commercial
glow-in-the-dark materials these days, but it may have a residual
glow.

--

When the LED lights are shut off , they go dark instantly. If they have
been on

Bob Zannelli