Re: [Phys-l] slow news day?

On 2011, Jun 23, , at 18:48, brian whatcott wrote:

But it costs 18 gallons of mogas per hour, compared to my 5.5 gals/hr.

I might easily have picked these numbers out of the air to illustrate
the square law of energy versus speed in airplanes - but I didn't. More
speed really does cost disproportionately more....

Brian W

It's probably worse than that. I suspect the drag coefficient of the Chinese craft is less than that of the Cessna.

bc