Re: [Phys-l] memory associations Was: Re: thoughts for future physics regents.

On 06/23/2011 12:05 PM, Bernard Cleyet wrote:
Reminds me of the locus method -- placing the ideas to be remembered
on the various statutes in the person's atrium; Sci. Am. article
from long ago.

Long ago?

The idea dates back a couple of thousand years, at least.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Method_of_loci

My Sci. Am. collection doesn't go back that far.