Re: [Phys-l] solenoidal and cylindrical EM sourced magnetic fields.

On 2011, Jun 10, , at 13:31, Moses Fayngold wrote:

No, it does not. We can as well recall that a bar-magnet is a system of aligned
electron spins, whose individual magnetic fields can be modeled by coaxial
microscopic current loops. This does not change the asymptotic form of magnetic
field far away from the magnet, we still have B ~ 1/r^3.

Moses Fayngold,
NJIT
______
Of course, thank you, and re: the "solid coil", is it different from the solenoid very near field..

I thought very near (R (axial) <<D) the field is constant.

bc