Re: [Phys-l] inversion goggles

On 5/16/2011 2:06 PM, John Clement wrote:
Let us do a little thought experiment. /snip/

Incidentally about the research done by the school of optometry, how can
they tell the difference between a sharp jittery image and a fuzzy one?
/snip/
John M. Clement
Houston, TX

I have expended all of forty seconds on considering this weighty question.
I imagine that if I rigged goggles as a tachistoscope, I could with the greatest ease
display the difference between a fuzzy image and a sharp image - both briefly presented
to an infant.

Is it just possible that opthalmologists, optometrists etc., are on average about as
smart as the average physics teacher? :-)

Brian W