Re: [Phys-l] Mr Kleinman needs a physics lesson...

As long as it remains a poetic metaphor, it is OK.

The big problem comes in when the science is bashed because people have
misunderstood it and misapplied it to other situations. So Einstein was
bashed for relativity because it became synonymous with social relativity.
The two things of course are not related. Then of course evolution and
"Darwinism" became synonymous with social "Darwinism" and forces
sterilization, abortions, and mercy killing. Actually the latter things
were around and practiced long before Darwin.

I really doubt the general public will read this essay, so I doubt it will
have much effect on misunderstanding of modern physics.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

Are we taking ourselves a mite seriously?

I rather enjoyed the poetic metaphor.