Re: [Phys-l] black start

On 2011, May 03, , at 06:59, Edmiston, Mike wrote:

John Denker's post about using gas turbines to provide cold-start capability at coal or nuclear-driven steam-turbine power plants seems like a good idea. However, here are some questions for which I don't know the answers.

Would something that shut down the grid affect the gas supply? (exclude IT attack.) How much gas may be stored on site. Our local station (Moss Landing) was originally oil w/ a bunch of storage tanks "out back". After the switch they were cut up, one w/ out removing all the oil! Pollution for a day. No visible storage, underground?

bc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moss_Landing_Power_Plant