Re: [Phys-l] Writing a review or lab report

During the '70's, a condensed matter theorist by the name of Hetherington submitted a paper to PhysRev which he had written in the first person plural. It was kicked back by the referees as inappropriate - since he was the sole author. Rather than rewriting the paper - he added a second author F. D. C. Wilard, who was in fact his cat Felis Domesticus Cattus Willard.

I believe that F.D.C. Willard was asked to deliver a paper at a Paris conference.

This inspired our family to avoid the added expense on an unlisted telephone number (when such became an unfortunate necessity) by having it listed under Canis Familiaris Slingshot.
.