Re: [Phys-l] Graduation gift ideas

Set of Feynman Lectures (unless she already has 'em).
These are a MUST HAVE for any physics grad student (or serious undergrad).

At 9:32 AM -0400 4/30/11, Mike Viotti wrote:
I was recently asked to recommend gift ideas for a soon-to-be graduate of a
physics program who is headed to pursue a PhD. I believe her
interests/graduate work will either be on optics or something related to
angular momentum (information was passed to me second-hand by a
non-physicist). I came up with a bunch of books that sounded interesting,
and I suppose a nice gyroscope is fitting, but I was wondering if any list
members had any other non-book suggestions, or could recommend a "nice"
gyroscope, whatever that is.

No suggestion is too crazy!

Thanks,

Mike