Re: [Phys-l] What are your answers for this teacher?

I completely disagree. If your job depends on their getting higher scores, you should help them understand, really understand, the process of dealing with simple algebraic equations. Whatever test problem might be helped by them using a triangle will be trumped by problems in which they need to understand basic relationships. There is never an excuse for using mindless procedures when understanding is not only possible, but simple. Folks, we are talking about three variable equations! If we abandon understanding there, then we abandon understanding everywhere!

Bill