Re: [Phys-l] Earth's axis shift--measured how?

On 2011, Mar 13, , at 17:48, Craft, Peter wrote:

While I am wary of Proof by Assertion or Proof by Textbook, as JD is fond of warning us against, I merely put forward this link for consideration in this thread about measuring axial tilt...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.cfm?id=how-the-earthquake-in-chile-changed-2010-03-02

Regards

Peter Craft
Head Teacher Science
Corowa High School

I don't understand the assertion above. I just read JD post and, unless I'm more senile than I thought, made no claim of the absence os a shift.

bc musta misread -- closer to the equator makes more effect, thought he.