Re: [Phys-l] irresistible force v. immovable object

At 2:35 PM -0500 2/23/11, Mike Viotti wrote:
Just to further pound home my point, this is a perfect teaching example
about the impossibility of an immovable object. F = ma says that any mass
can be accelerated with even the most minuscule of net forces. THAT is the
teaching moment, in my opinion.

But it's an infinitesimal acceleration - so I don't see that this is any sort of 'final' argument.

Infinitesimals are not allowed in some 'maths'.
I suspect that space/time is quantized.