Re: [Phys-l] Should teachers blog???

There was never any obvious evidence, just niggling little things that might
point in that direction. Unfortunately in that case the decision is
difficult to make. Indeed now there is very strong evidence that a number
of people have been convicted of abusing a baby by shaking them, but the
symptoms could have been produced by other things. Indeed there was a study
on a simulated baby that showed internal forces too low to produce traumatic
symptoms by just shaking.

One seldom has a smoking gun. It is like the movie with Meryl Streep where
she plays a scrupulous nun who drives out a priest because she believes him
to be an abuser. But in the end she even admits she might be wrong, and the
viewer never knows.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX