Re: [Phys-l] teaching physics conceptually

Just a couple of suggestions. First, take the time to develop a rubric for each question. If you don't know what you're looking for in the students' answers, then how do you know you're assessing their understanding? Second, head to diagnoser.com for many examples of conceptual questions that get at students' understanding. I'm sure others here can guide you to many other sources of such questions.

Bill