Re: [Phys-l] journalism

On 1/24/2011 9:33 AM, William Maddox wrote:
From: WC Maddox

*Return of Cold Fusion*

Italian scientists claim to have demonstrated cold fusion

Read more here
1.
http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-01-italian-scientists-cold-fusion-video.html
2. http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/index.html

End New Message

Hmmm...I fear this will be as disappointing as hot fusion results.
I am not overwhelmed when experimenters demonstrate multiples of input power in the output power: they are dealing with storage materials after all: palladium hydrides and deuterides, and (presumably) nickel hydrides and deuterides.
Who can forget that palladium is good for 700 volumes of gas storage?

Over unity energy production should demonstrate free standing activation, with some fraction of the output returned. That is what defeated the perpetual motions of a sesquicentennium ago, after all...

Brian W