Re: [Phys-l] modern light sources

Nope; they are very far from a black body, as witness from the failure of Pasco's black body app.

Metals are rather poor black bodies* better are the std. lamps Cenco once? sold for luminous calibration. Carbon filament.

bc

* emissivity varies w/temp. even. Double coiled ar sl. better for an obvious reason.