Re: [Phys-l] Earth's magnetic field

On 01/18/2011 02:19 PM, Bernard Cleyet wrote:
interpreted this as all the runways at the same time.

Enough already. Exegesis of some email that quoted a reporter
who quoted another reporter is not a good use of anybody's time.

Could we please show some nominal amount of respect to the facts?

The fact is, KTPA did not close all the runways at the same time.

Forsooth, the east/west runway is closed at this very moment.
https://pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/PilotWeb/notamRetrievalByICAOAction.do?method=displayByICAOs&reportType=RAW&formatType=DOMESTIC&retrieveLocId=TPA&actionType=notamRetrievalByICAOs

The facts are sufficient to demonstrate that there has been a
great deal of ludicrously inaccurate reporting on this so-called
"event".

Is anybody surprised by that?

I remember the last time I was surprised to read a science/news
article that could not possibly be true. I was six years old at
the time. I was not fooled by it, just surprised. Nowadays I'm
not so easily surprised.