Re: [Phys-l] Will the US ever switch to the metric system?

W/ time the vast majority of tools will be CNC -- I suspect a simple matter to "reprogram".

bc has a mill calibrated in mm. (the e-display)

p.s. most calipers, etc. are made in the orient, and, therefore, alternatively w/ the push of a switch display Eng. and m, and needn't be re-zeroed.